Trinidad: 'We Will Cut Off Your Feet' - Catholic Priest Attacked, Robbed


Priests and religious orders will be hunted down, and made to die a cruel death. Our Lady of La Salette 19 Sept. 1846 (Published by Mélanie 1879)

2 SEPTEMBER 2018

'We will cut off your feet' - Catholic priest attacked, robbed

THIEVES demanding cash and valuables from a priest threatened to cut off his feet during a robbery at his home early Sunday.

Brandishing a knife and a cutlass the three criminals threatened father Jose Marie Thekkekutte, and accused him of lying when he told them he did not large amounts of cash.

Thekkekutte said although his hands and feet were bound and they held their weapons to him he was not afraid to die.

“I am thankful to God that I was not harmed. They were threatening to cut off my feet. I said ‘You go ahead. They threatened me, showed me a knife and a cutlass. I said ‘You want to kill me’. One said ‘No we wouldn’t kill you but we will cut off your feet’. I was not afraid. By God’s grace I didn’t feel anything at all. But I feel terrible now”, said Thekkekutte.

The incident occurred in the priest’s living quarters located near to the Our Lady of Montserrat Roman Catholic Church in Tortuga.

For over an hour and a half the thieves held the priest under siege as they ransacked the house in search of cash and valuables.

The incident occurred hours after the church’s annual harvest, and it is believed the thieves suspected that large amounts of cash would be on the compound.

Thekkekutte, who is an Indian national, said he returned from vacation in India on Friday morning.

He said he was asleep on the first floor of the house when around 1.30 a.m. Monday he awoke.

“They broke the door of the ground floor and they burst open my door although it was locked from the inside. I woke up and they flashed lights on my face. There were two men inside the room. They had a cutlass and iron bars. They covered their faces, wore gloves and had torches in their hands. They asked for money for the harvest. They expected the money to be with me. I told them I don’t handle the money and it is not in the house at all”, he said.

“They said ‘You are lying. You are a lying priest’, and they searched for money. Since I had just come back from India I had about US$700 as well as some petty cash in the drawer and they took that. They pulled out all of my belongings, scattering all my clothes from the cupboards”. Source


Comments