I Totally Agree With Mark Shea On The Panic du Jour Hysteria Surrounding The Alfie Evans Case


I agree with Mark Shea

How I spent the an afternoon and how I never want to spend another afternoon

Reader: What do you think about Alfie Evans?

Me: I don’t know anything about the medical or legal issues. So I haven’t commented.

Reader: No. But really. What do you think?

Me: I just told you.

Reader; But don’t you think the doctors are all evil?

Me. I don’t think anything because I don’t have any facts.

Reader: No, but really. What do you think? Surely you have an opinion. Why don’t you want to talk about it?

Me: Are you deaf?

Second reader: Isn’t the pope’s opinion good enough for you?

Me: I think the pope is an obvious good man trying to do what is right here. I have no idea what is right because I don’t know anything about the medical or legal issues here.

Second reader: You are a degenerate shithead afraid to take a stand for life!

Me: Bye.

First reader: I don’t understand why you won’t tell me why you don’t condemn what is happening?

Me: I know. Because you don’t want to know what I think. What you want is for me to give the Correct Answer, because you refuse to believe that I don’t know enough to make an intelligent comment and I am failing to fall in line with the Panic du Jour hysteria surrounding the case. So I’ll say it again for the last time: I DON’T KNOW ANYTHING ABOUT THE MEDICAL OR LEGAL ISSUES SURROUNDING THIS CASE AND I FRIGGING *HATE* YOUR TURNING THIS INTO A PURITY TEST OF MY PROLIFE BONA FIDES. YOUR QUESTIONS ARE NOT TO LEARN MY VIEWS (WHICH DON’T EXIST BECAUSE I AM TOO IGNORANT TO HAVE ANY). THEY ARE TO SEARCH FOR AMMO IN MAKING A CHARGE OF IMPURITY AGAINST ME.

And that, children, is why I hate so much of the “Prolife” movement’s tactics. When I tell you I don’t know enough about something to have an opinion, believe me.

And for the love of God, *stop* using a dying child as a tool to attack somebody you think needs to be charged with heresy. You make crystal clear you don’t give a shit about the child except insofar as he is a useful stick to beat a heretic with. Employ yourself praying for the child, his parents, and all those seeking his welfare, not with sniffing out imaginary impurities in my soul. Comprende? Source



Comments

  1. I firmly believe that many of the good folks following this case and taking Alfie's side against a bureacratic "throw-away culture" are acting in good will.

    What I disapprove of is the vultures like LifeSiteNews swooping down for the kill to generate more clickbait stories for their little "wannabe Rad Trad" echo chamber. That is not on Alfie or his parents; that is on them.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment