Eyewitness Accounts At Knock Apparition On 21 August 1879: BYRNE, MARGRET


BYRNE, MARGRET

“I, Margaret Byrne, live near Knock chapel. I am a sister to Mary Byrne, who has seen the vision. I remember the night of the 21st of August, I left my own house at half past seven o’clock, and we went to the chapel and locked it, I came out to return home, I saw something luminous or bright at the south gable, but it never entered my head that it was necessary to see or enquire what it was, I passed by and went home.

Shortly after, about eight o’clock, my niece, Catherine Murray, called me out to see the Blessed Virgin and the other saints that were standing at the south gable of the chapel.

I went out then, and ran up to see what was to be seen. I there beheld the Blessed Virgin with a bright crown on her head, and St Joseph to her right, his head inclined a little towards Our Blessed Lady, and St. John the Evangelist to her left, eastwards, holding in his left hand a book of the gospels, and his right hand raised the while, as if in the attitude of preaching to the people who stood before him at the ditch.

The Virgin appeared with hands uplifted as if in prayer, with eyes turned towards heaven, and wearing a lustrous crown. I saw an altar there. It was surrounded with a bright light, nay, with a light at times sparkling, and, so, too, were the other figures which were similarly surrounded.” Source


The Church will be in eclipse, the world will be in dismay Our Lady of La Salette 19 Sept. 1846 (Published by Mélanie 1879)

Comments